The Chittenden Dammers asked me to modernize their compact web site and I did it by switching to an all WordPress design! They formerly had two separate blogs:
- Trail Conditions – http://chittendendammers.wordpress.com
- News and Announcements – http://dammersadmin.wordpress.com
Both were on WordPress.com and had less than ideal URL’s. Now I have merged them into one self hosted blog on the Chittenden Dammers’ server. Categories by similar names provide more logical URLs and are used to separate the blog content within the blog. All Categories allows viewing all posts in all categories in chronological order.
- Trail Report – https://chittendendammers.org/trail-report
- News – https://chittendendammers.org/news
- Events – https://chittendendammers.org/events
WordPress allows club members to upload their own content be it a blog post or a change to one of their pages. It is very flexible. I have set up the pages to take advantage of WordPress’s featured image option used in this case to change the header image. Each page has its own banner image at the top of the page using the images below.